The Stables is a late 18th Century barn which has been sympathetically converted into charming 2-bedroom holiday accommodation with exposed beams throughout.
It is set within the 3-acre grounds of Staunton House and has its own private entrance and generous parking area. Visitors also have use of the outdoor swimming pool, astro-turf tennis court and numerous seating areas throughout the gardens.
Entrance is from the parking area up a private staircase leading to a small landing area. Off this landing are two charming bedrooms, a light bright bathroom and a large galley kitchen which leads to a sitting/dining area.
Bedroom 1 is a light and airy room with large french windows opening onto a small wrought iron balcony, from which to enjoy the views of the grounds and the surrounding countryside. It contains a large double bed, a built-in storage cupboard, ample furniture and all the expected facilities.
Bedroom 2 is a smaller room, but with a wealth of character. The small cottage-window offers views over the grounds. It has a single bed and room for a cot (not provided).
The bathroom offers a full-size bath with over-bath shower. Towels are provided.
The characterful kitchen is fully fitted and well equipped with full-size electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. All crockery, cutlery and kitchen towels are provided.
The original stable stalls have been used to partition the kitchen from the open plan seating/dining area, which has a beautiful typical georgian window and large skylight for a bright, light feel. Flat screen TV and DVD player are provided.
- Bedrooms ~ 1 x double, 1 x single with room for cot (not provided)
- Facilities ~ Central heating, full-size electric cooker, microwave, dish washer, washing machine, fridge-freezer, toaster, iron, hair dryer
- Bathroom ~ Full-size bath with over-bath shower
- Equipment ~ Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils
- Entertainment ~ Flat screen TV, DVD/CD player, various books, various board games
- Linen/Towels ~ Bedding (excluding cot), bath towels, hand towels, kitchen towel, tea towels
- Welcome pack ~ Basic provisions (milk, tea, coffee, etc), bottle of wine, toiletries, information pack for surrounding area
PLEASE NOTE, the accommodation is on the first floor, and is not suitable for visitors with mobility problems.