| You will enjoy the homely touches, in this well-equipped, tastefully presented, 400-year-old stone cottage. Awarded a high 4 star Gold grading by Quality in Tourism, Croft House Barn, once the barn to the owners' farmhouse, has a lovely setting in the rural hamlet of Waterfall in the Peak District National Park. The cottage sleeps up to 6 comfortably in three attractive en-suite bedrooms, one of which is
Croft House Barn has views of surrounding pastures, hills and a landmark knoll of trees which marked an ancient burial ground: Waterfall Low. To the front is a tiny village green with pump, stocks and neighbouring historic cottages. A friendly country pub serving excellent, freshly cooked food is a moments stroll down the lane. The location provides convenient access to a wealth of good walks, cycle trails, historic villages and attractions such as Alton Towers, Chatsworth, Dovedale and the Roaches.
The cottage has been painstakingly refurbished to make the most of its characterful stone and timber with the addition of traditional and antique furniture and the comforts you'd expect - quality modern facilities, central heating and double-glazing.
open-plan ground floor, stone-flagged throughout comprises:
• Large, comfortable, living room with exposed stonework, richly-coloured rugs, wood-burner-style gas stove,and plenty of comfortable seating.
• Dining room with farmhouse table accommodating up to 8 people.
• Pretty, ground floor bedroom can be super-king or twin bedded.
• Ensuite shower-room/family cloakroom
• Locally forged, iron and stone-flagged steps lead to - spacious, airy, mezzanine kitchen, with light oak, Shaker-style units. Fully equipped with electric cooker with ceramic hob, slim-line dishwasher, microwave, fridge,counter-top freezer, washing-machine and tumble dryer.
• Two first floor bedrooms: twin bedded room with en-suite shower room.
• Beautiful, romantic double bedroom, with exposed timbers and ensuite bathroom with shower over.
Outside:ample off-road parking to the front of the cottage.
• Flowery patio area with seating and picnic table.
• Central-heating plus wood-burner style gas stove -no extra costs
• TV with Freesat, video, DVD, micro hi-fi
• Linen and towels included
• Cot/high chair can be provided
• Regret no smoking inside. No pets