|Braithwaite, the village where the cottage is located, is a walker's paradise in the northern Lake District. Nestling at the foot of the Whinlatter pass, it acts as a gateway to the whole of the north-western chain of hills, and you can walk the whole week without needing your car. The 4-star cottage is well equipped, comfortable, and warm with gas central heating and an open log fire. It has:|
There is parking space at the side of the building, and elsewhere close by.
- a lounge with an open fire, colour TV with Freesat, DVD player/recorder, and CD player/radio
- a large dining room/kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and coffee maker
- one double bedroom with king size bed and additional Z-bed
- one twin bedroom with two beds
- a bathroom with shower over bath, handbasin, W.C. and a drying cupboard.
Pets are most welcome; dogs especially have a great time in Braithwaite.
Some comments by guests:
- “This is the best appointed and best positioned cottage ever.” 3 Nov 00
- "What a lovely cottage that felt like home and not just "a place to stay" 16 Dec 01
- "A lovely comfortable cottage in a superb location" 28 Jun 08
- "We've stayed in many places over many years - as a cottage this is the best" 31 Aug 02.