|Dream of going back in time for an old-fashioned holiday? Come stay at School Street House in downtown Charlottetown, an historic three bedroom self-catering holiday home that feels just like your favourite Aunt’s place! Having a house all to yourself is perfect for folks who prefer their own special spot.
Fully equipped and serviced, School Street House has all the necessities plus high-speed internet connection, cooking/dining utensils, linens/blankets/towels, on-site laundry facilities, tv/dvd, stereo, record player, barbeque, private treed yard, parking, handy location, house/groundskeeping service and 24 hour staffing as required.
As a member of the Community Museums Association of PEI, School Street House (c.1874) is a genuine old-time dwelling steeped in history and essentially untouched since the turn of the last century. The furnishings and floorings date between 1900-1960.
In addition to the vast array of historic photographs and documents, the house has many other vintage treasures such as a 1936 model Hammond BC organ with a Leslie 125 for music enthusiasts.
School Street House is the 1904 birthplace and childhood home of world-renowned marine biologist Dr. Constance MacFarlane. Dr. MacFarlane is credited with putting PEI on the map as the “Irish Moss capital of the world.”
Happily situated downtown Charlottetown, School Street House is just a skip away from everything including theatres, galleries, historic sites, churches, repertoire cinema, shops, restaurants, seafood pound, farmer's market, parks, harbour and trails yet it's only a 5 minute hop in the car to the golf course, 15 minutes to the beach and 25 minutes to Anne of Green Gables House! Being based in the Province's capital makes for easy day trips to all parts of the beautiful Province of Prince Edward Island.
Open year round. Weekly rates available. Strictly non-smoking. Sorry no pets.
"We never came home from an absence that it's face did not light up and speak out it’s eloquent welcome -- and we could not enter it unmoved."
Mark Twain on his home in 1896.