|Kilmun is a beautifully constructed Norwegian pine lodge offering self-catering accommodation of exceptional quality, set in the peace and seclusion of remote Lochavich glen – yet it’s only 21 miles from the bustling town of Oban and within 20 minutes drive of local pubs and restaurants.
Comfortably furnished for 4 people, Kilmun comprises:-
• large open plan living/dining room with Freeview TV, DVD, CD player, leather settees and new dining table and chairs. French doors open onto the south-facing patio overlooking Loch Avich.
• fully equipped kitchen with electric hob/cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave oven, kettle, toaster, iron and all the usual cooking utensils. Access to washing-machine and tumble-drier.
• one double and one twin bedroom each with two bedside cabinets, a two-door wardrobe and a dressing table with mirror.
• bathroom with washbasin and vanity unit, WC, shower, heated towel rail and airing cupboard.
• Electric heating and double-glazing throughout.
Cot and highchair available on request.
All rooms are wheelchair accessible and entry to external doors is by ramp. Block paving provides plenty of off-road parking and the surrounding informal garden extends to about 0.5 acre.
Electricity, bed linen and towels included in rental.
Sorry, no pets. No smoking.
Activities & Attractions:-
Perfectly positioned near to the coast and midway between Ben Nevis in the north and the Kintyre peninsula in the south, Kilmun is a wonderful base for exploring the west of Scotland – and whatever your interests, there’s plenty to see and do…….
Fishing, walking, bird-watching and mountain-bike trails are all available locally – or just sit, relax and enjoy the stunning view of Loch Avich and the surrounding hills!
The area is rich in wildlife - deer, red squirrel, pine marten, black throated divers, eagles and osprey are all frequent vistors to Lochavich - and there are beavers at Knapdale, only an hour's drive away.
Also within easy travelling distance you’ll find beautiful gardens, historic castles and kirks, ancient stone circles, museums, distilleries, sea cruises, wildlife excursions, or even visit the Corryvreckan whirlpool on a high-powered motorboat!