Kinneil offers 4 self-contained, self-catering, holiday apartments of different sizes accommodating 2 to 5 people.
Clyde shipping magnate Captain W. Buchanan built 'Kinneil' in 1885, and to reflect his love of the sea, all apartments have commanding, panoramic views across Lamlash Bay to Holy Isle and the mainland beyond.
We can provide binoculars for your further enjoyment of this wonderful vista. Guests are welcome to relax in the garden. We have a set of golf clubs, a set of boules, a croquet set, outdoor draughts, chess and barbeque for your use.
Wherever possible we have retained the original features of this beautiful home, whilst endeavouring to ensure that your comfort and needs are catered for in harmonious surroundings.
- Heated towel rails, hairdryers, electric blankets, irons and ironing boards.
- Electric heating by storage heaters, on-demand heaters, living-fire stove effect heaters and some radiant fires.
- A full size oven, in addition to a microwave and refrigerator and freezer/or fridge freezer in each apartment.
- A remote control colour TV and VCR and/or DVD player in each apartment.
- An automatic washing machine and tumble dryer (in a separate block).
- CD players.
The Isle of Arran, which is situated in the Gulf Stream, is also known as 'Scotland in Miniature' having both highlands and lowlands.
There are a host of activities to suit everyone from bird-watching, fishing, climbing, walking, cycling, quad-biking, paragliding, history, genealogy, pony-trekking, the flora and fauna, or just relaxing and soaking up the scenery; the list is endless.
The island also boasts a total of 7 golf courses.
Sights to visit include Brodick Castle, heritage museums, standing stones, ruined castles and even a distillery.