Large well-equipped and furnished Dutch farmhouse dating from 1840 located in centre of peaceful Diever village.
Accommodation (sleeps 10) consists of:
- 1 double bedroom (ground floor)
- 3 twin bedrooms (with washbasin) and 1 single bedroom with rollaway visitor bed (all on first floor)
- Large shower room (ground floor)
- WC (ground and first floor)
- Utility Room with washing-machine/dishwasher
- Kitchen with breakfast area (4-ring gas stove/microwave/oven/fridge/toaster)
- Living-room complete with TV (incl. BBC and CNN)/DVD-player/radio-CD/children's toys. CDs, DVDs and library of English-language books.
- Cots, highchairs and play-pen available
- Welcome pack provided on arrival containing bread/butter/milk/jam/cheese/eggs/sugar/coffee/tea/orange juice and breakfast cereal
- All bed linen and towels provided (bath/kitchen) and all 10 beds are made up prior to your arrival.
There is ample off street parking. For your use there is a private patio with chairs, tables and parasol supplied, plus gardens with a trampoline (shared). A BBQ is available. Bicycle-hire is available locally (which can also be arranged before arrival), with secure storage on site.
Guests have full use of the front house adjoining the owner's property. Having separate entrances, privacy is assured.
- Supermarket, good variety of shops, cafe-pubs, restaurants and public transport (bus) just a few minutes walk away
Diever village, located at the south-westerly tip of the province of Drenthe (approx. 2 hrs east of Amsterdam), is adjacent to the largest forest in the Netherlands - perfect for walking, cycling and horse riding.
Also renowned for its Shakespearian plays held in the open-air theatre during the Summer months, Diever is at the heart of unspoilt rural Dutch countryside.
Among many near attractions, Emmen Zoo, Gnomeland, Giethoorn (the ''Venice of the Netherlands''), and the towns of Hoogeveen (20 minutes), Assen (30 minutes), Emmen (45 minutes) and the city of Groningen (40 minutes) are easily accessible.
A Dutch National Tourist office is also nearby with a wealth of information on the surrounding area.
Changeover day: we are completely flexible
Last minute discounts : 15% for bookings made within 6 weeks of arrival date -
Longstay discounts : 10% for bookings of a 14 day duration. Earlybird discounts : 5% discount for bookings made 26 weeks (6 months) before arrival date.
Arrival: after 4 p.m / Depature: before 10.00 a.m.
Deposit: 20% of amount within 14 days of booking, balance to be paid no later than 56 days (8 weeks) before arrival date please. Bookings within 56 days: full payment on booking (all credit/debit cards accepted via PayPal).
Cancellations: More than 56 days before arrival - Full refund less deposit /
From 56 to 42 days before arrival - 80% refund /
From 41 to 28 days before arrival - 60% refund /
From 27 to 14 days before arrival - 40% refund /
From 13 to 7 days before arrival - 20% refund /
From 6 days to day of arrival - No refund
Please contact us to check availability or for further information. We are a British/Dutch family and look forward to welcoming you to Drenthe - one of the prettiest areas of the Netherlands. We are a non-smoking accommodation