|Occupying a prime position in Seahouses’ old quarter, one street away from the renowned ‘Swallow fish’ wet fish shop and two of our other Coastal Retreats – the Fisherman’s Retreat and The Plaice, this recently built 2 storey double fronted stone cottage sleeps 7 in 3 spacious bedrooms. A minute’s walk from the sea and just as close to the restaurants and shops of this buzzing fishing village, this cottage offers something for everyone. It is close to the golf course and within a couple of minutes walk of the harbour and the boats sailing to the Farne Islands.
Seafarer's has recently undergone some restyling. Its owners, who work in the Arts, have selected some of their favourite artworks for the walls, and a guitar and organ are there for those of a musical bent. The hallmark Coastal Retreats attention to detail and styling is apparent in the light open-plan ground floor living accommodation with wood-burning stove and upstairs the bedrooms benefit from a family bathroom and en-suite bath room with shower over the bath, off the master bedroom. There is also a garage for storing bikes, boats and boogie boards. Bedrooms have views over the rooftops towards the sea, rocks and harbour of Seahouses which are a 2 minute walk away- all in all an excellent family holiday location and a great place to return to after a day on the beach!
Externally there is parking for two cars and an area with garden seat for enjoying the morning sun and for watching a bit of quiet village life.
The Seafarer's has just been awarded a 5 star grade by VisitBritain for 2007!!
* Open plan living room/kitchen/dining room
* Hallway with downstairs WC
* Main double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath
* Second double bedroom
* Large family room with both a double and a single bed. Also perfect as a children's bedroom
* Family bathroom with shower over bath
* Log burner in lounge
* Underfloor heating in kitchen/dining area
* Sea views from upstairs bedrooms
* Fantastic location in the oldest part of the village
* External patio area with bistro table, two chairs and timber bench at front of the cottage
* Guitar & accordian (for the musically inclined!)
* Safe storage for bikes, small boat, golf clubs, buckets and spades
* Ocean Club membership
* Lots of original artwork on display
* Quality carpeting and soft furnishings throughout
Please note, the washing machine and tumble dryer are currently in the utility/garage and not the kitchen.
* Tumble dryer
* Bread maker
* Smoothie maker
* Portable BBQ
* Coffee machine
* Oven with ceramic hob
* Extractor fan
* CD player
* Selection of CD's, videos, games & books
* Iron & board
* Children's games & toys
* Large toaster
* Electric heating
* TV, DVD, Video
* Digital TV with 40 channels
* Small bistro table and chairs outside
* Mountain bike
* Fishing rod
* Body surf board
* TV/video in family room